Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas Wishes Fulfilled

We altered the Christmas timeline a bit to accommodate Orlando's work schedule, so on what was just December 23rd to the rest of the world, we enjoyed our traditional Christmas Eve dinner of cheese and pate while presents got wrapped. I read Annie "The Night Before Christmas" and tucked her in so Orlando could work on assembling the big Santa presents (that she didn't technically ask for, but who's keeping track.)

Our Christmas morning (December 24) dawned with a very excited girl itching to go downstairs. She had promised to wake Orlando and me up first, but I'm pretty sure she peeked before coming to wake us. Once I was awake, Anastasia and I headed downstairs to see the Santa presents (which were all unwrapped), and start making our breakfast.

When the waffles were ready, Anastasia woke Orlando and we got down to the business of opening presents. Sadly, there were no cameras out for the present opening.

When the work was done, Anastasia dove right into playing with her new Barbie doll house and her new motorcycle. In the weeks that have followed, those remain her favorite toys. She's also taken a real liking to Connect 4, which makes Orlando very happy.

I've been pretty lazy in taking pictures of late, but they will come, I promise.

No comments: