Friday, June 10, 2011

Sweden: The Vacation Begins

I was an exchange student in Sweden 19 years ago. I've kept in touch with the family that hosted me through the years, and when my host sister, Lotta, told me that she was getting married this summer, I knew it was the perfect excuse for a long overdue visit. I had hoped that Orlando would be able to join us, but he didn't have the vacation leave, so it's just Annie and me on this trip. I needn't have worried, Annie was an excellent traveler as always.



After a run through the airport in Copenhagen, where we barely made our flight, she was still up for a pose on the fun furniture at Stockholm's Arlanda airport.



Lotta met us at the airport and took us to her house in Stockholm, where we'll stay for the first few days of our vacation. Anastasia met her "cousins", one year old twins Frans and Ture.



Our friend Frida, who was a neighbor in Töreboda when I lived here and now lives next door to Lotta, came by for visit with her son Ivar who is 2 and a half. Frida informed Anastasia that, in Sweden, when one is on vacation, one must have ice cream every day. So, after a little playing in the back yard, we took a walk to get some ice cream and visit a nearby playground.



I kept Anastasia up until 7:00, not easy considering she'd only had a couple hours sleep, and stayed up myself until about 8:15 before falling asleep on the sofa. We both slept soundly until late. I opted for a quiet day in the neighborhood, so Annie and I went back to the playground in the afternoon. This time, she had her bathing suit, so she could take advantage of the splash pool.



On the way home, we bought an ice cream.

1 comment:

Orlando said...

That's my girl....