Thursday, December 5, 2013

Giving Thanks

Thursday was Thanksgiving, and the beginning of a long weekend for the whole family. It was lovely and busy, and also a lot of fun. Sometimes I think we take for granted all that we are blessed with. There's lots to be thankful for, starting with the overall health and happiness of our family. There are big things like freedom and little things like indoor plumbing.

I'd like to take this opportunity to name a few of the things I'm thankful for. We are so fortunate to live where we live, to have the freedom our nation affords us, and to have the comfort and security of knowing that we are loved. In addition, here are a few of the more tangible things I'm thankful to have had in my life, even as we miss those who are no longer with us.

This guy and the girl with the toothless grin


Grandmothers and Grandfathers




Brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews.



These three

All of our friends, near and far, those who've been with us since we were small, and the ones who've joined our particular crazy train more recently.

And much more. Next year, I'd like to try to be a bit better at expressing my gratitude throughout the year. There's so much to be thankful for.

1 comment:

Abby said...

This is the best picture of Murphy ever! Sums him up perfectly.