Sunday, June 28, 2009

An iPhone Aficionado

Annie's rule for waking up in the morning is that she has to stay in bed until the sun comes up. That's still pretty early, so for almost 2 years now, Anastasia has been in the habit of watching a little TV first thing in the morning (while Mommy and Daddy try to stay asleep until their alarms go off.) Until recently, this still meant that one of us had to wake up enough to turn on the television, get to the DVR, and navigate to a program she liked.

Recently, though Anastasia has become a real expert in operating the iPhone. This has afforded Orlando and me a little more sleep first thing in the morning. Every morning now, when she comes into our room, she picks up Orlando's phone and navigates her way to Scooby Doo or Backyardigans to occupy herself until it's time to get ready to go. Here she is showing off.



And that's not all she can do. She's also pretty good a navigating her way around to other things, too. She loves to look at pictures of herself.



And most recently, she's gotten pretty good at taking pictures, too. A couple weeks ago, she took a couple pictures using my camera. This week, she showed off her skills with the iPhone camera.



She hasn't quite gotten the hang of holding the camera away so she can see what she's aiming at, but judge for yourself, here's the photo she took in this video. (She was telling the truth when she said "I already did." The second picture wasn't as good.)



Do you think Apple is looking for a 2 1/2 year old to star in their commercial answer to "I'm a PC and I'm 4 1/2"?

1 comment:

Abby said...

I have my dogs trained to not get out of the bed until the alarm goes off...of course I have yet to be able to train Roxy from standing on my chest and licking my face while she waits.