Sunday, February 20, 2011

Disney on Ice: Princess Dreams

When I got an email offering 1/2 price tickets to Disney on Ice: Princess Dreams, I knew it was too good to pass up. Myney, Nathalie and Abby were all excited to go, too, so we were all set for a real girls night out. Anastasia wasn't really sure what was in store, but she was certainly excited when we walked into the arena and she saw that they had princess dresses on display.



Then she realized that there was a real live princess. She was pretty overwhelmed.



Abby and Nathalie were pretty surprised that the arena was offering valet stroller parking for the show. I thought it was pretty smart given that the target audience for this show was the toddler set.



When we got to our seats, Annie couldn't contain her excitement anymore.



Then the show started, and the smile disappeared. It was replaced by serious concentration. Abby and Nathalie bought her a light-up spinning magic wand (every bit as crazy as it sounds). Anastasia kept it spinning for the whole show.



My favorite part of the show was the dance of the flatware for "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast. While they were dancing, Abby, who writes a style blog that features "Thursday's Tabletop", was inspired to create a place setting Halloween costume.



The show lasted just under 2 hours, which meant it was well past Annie's bedtime when we left. Still, it was going to be a while before we could get on a Metro train, so we decided to take Annie's snow-cone and head for a glass of wine while we waited.



Not surprisingly, Annie crashed while we waited. Myney and I decided that it would be better to pay for a cab home rather than carry her on the crowded train. It was a very snuggly end to the night and I found myself thinking back longingly to the days when she wasn't quite so grown up.

1 comment:

Abby said...

I am going to rock that flatware costume. Mark my word. Now I just have to fine a way for the napkin to cinch around my waist.