Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Stasia's Playground

Finally, after 8 months of waiting, the new playground opened in the middle of May. While it was being constructed, we drove past it every day on the way home from daycare, and Anastasia would shout "Stasia's Playground!"

It's a super cool, really creative playground with three distinct play spaces, and lots to do for kids of all ages. The little kids space has a couple of really cool climbing ramps a slide and lookouts. The middle section is built around a "boulder" that kids can climb up and over, and has a new twist on monkeybars. The big kids section looks like a giant rope web with huge loops and the craziest slide you've ever seen.



Somehow, even though we've been to the playground a lot since it opened, this weekend was the first time I got pictures. The playground was pretty empty when we got there, which meant that Annie wasn't too shy to play on the equipment. The slides are steep, but great.



Stasia also really likes climbing up on all the different ladders, walls and rocks. It really is a climbers paradise. Anastasia is not the most confident climber, but after a couple tries, she got the hang of it.



The playground also has some of the coolest teeter totters ever.



Our little girl loves her new playground. I suspect she'll do great at her new school when she gets to play on this playground every day.

2 comments:

Abby said...

Well I know feel like my whole childhood was a waste. They had nothing this cool to play on when I was a kid.

Where are the rickety swings that nearly tip over when two people "go high" at the same time? Where is the merry-go-round make out of old wood that give you splinters when you slide off of it? Where is the slip and slide with the big metal stakes that you hurl your body over at high speeds?

Orlando, Sara and Anastasia said...

I miss all of those things, too. See my post about the McDonald's playland (I'd link to it myself, but I don't know how) and how nostalgic I am for the old Fry Guy springs and the Hamburglar Tower on a concrete pad. Ah, the good old days.