Friday, July 31, 2009

Wedding - the story it's taken 4 1/2 years to tell

So it occurred to me that I've never put our wedding pictures online, and I figured I probably should. We had a great wedding that friends are still talking about. We got married on April 16, 2005. Orlando jokes that he took care of death and taxes in one weekend, but really it was a wonderful weekend, and our taxes had been done for months.

Our wedding ceremony was held at Dahlgren Chapel on the campus of Georgetown University. The courtyard was a beautiful setting for the guests to gather and wait for the ceremony to begin.



Our ceremony was very short; 14 minutes from procession to recessional but it included all the requirements for an official Catholic ceremony. Readings by my sister Sandi and Orlando's best friend Mark, homily by Fr. King and viola, we're married.



After posing for a few photos in the courtyard and in front of the statue of Fr. Healy, and we were off to party at the Oval Room. Restaurant was set up for a large cocktail party. We had a ton of food, starting with asparagus soup with in shot glasses and foie gras "peanut butter" and jelly sandwiches. Wish I could remember all of the food. Friends Kevin Poole and Big Sean provided our entertainment for the evening.



There were toasts by Mark, Orlando's uncle Rupert, Larry "Miser" Davenport and an original song by the Swedes detailing my experience with them in Sweden.



When it came time to cut the cake, there was drama, and our first argument as husband and wife.



There was a lot of laughter, and in the end, I forgave him and we got back to the dancing.



Sandi and I posed for one of the best pictures of the two of us that I can remember. All the fraternity brothers got together on the patio. We danced and sang into the evening and when the reception was over, the party continued at our old stomping grounds.

No comments: